The Skills for Work Programme is a part-time education and training initiative. It is aimed at people who are in employment, who may have left school early or whose skills may be out of date. The project aims to upgrade the skills, enhance the career prospects, and promote the educational advancement of adult workers who have minimum levels of formal education. It also aims to promote awareness of the value of lifelong learning throughout adult life.
- A Skills for Work (SFW) project may include a variety of subjects which support the educational needs of the employee.
- The programme is offered on company premises where possible, the local ETB Adult Education Centre, or an alternative convenient location.
- A SFW programme is designed and delivered in a flexible and adaptable way to meet the needs of the employer and the employee.
- Programmes are of 35 hours duration
- Sessions are usually 2 – 3 hours long and can be arranged for mornings, afternoons or evenings
- Participants may be released from work to participate in SFW programmes.
- Most offer free nationally recognised certification.
- There are no tuition fees.
- Enterprise Adult Education Centre (Tallaght)
- Priorsgate Adult Education Centre (Tallaght)
- Dun Laoghaire Adult Learning Centre (Sallynoggin)
- Employer premises in various locations
For more information on the national Skills for Work Programme click here
If you would like more information please contact your local DDLETB Workplace Education Co-ordinator.