The purpose of this QQI Marketing (Level 5) course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of marketing and or business contexts and or to progress to further and or higher education and training.
An ideal course if you want to secure a position in brand management and marketing in Ireland and abroad. It’s also suitable for marketing professionals wishing to build upon their existing skills.
On successful completion of this course students may continue to complete other modules at QQI Level 5 in a variety of subjects in the AES or other further education colleges or apply for employment opportunities.
Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work under direction with some ability to work on their own initiative.
On completion participants will be able to:
- Explore the role of marketing in a range of organisations
- Differentiate between Business to Business and Business and Consumer markets
- Compile a key business and job-specific vocabulary
- Examine the elements of the Marketing Mix, to include Product, Price, Promotion and Place
- Compose a range of communications for business purposes accurately and concisely, using appropriate tone and vocabulary, to include letters, memoranda, and electronic communication
- Explore the stages in the buying and purchasing decision making process for organisations and consumers to include the characteristics and factors affecting buying behaviour
- Analyse the role of Market Research, differentiating between primary and secondary research and quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Examine the life cycle of a range of products to include the role of new product development, design, packaging and branding on the marketplaceAnalyse elements of price setting to include a range of pricing techniques and strategies, competitor pricing and organisational and market conditions in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), durables and service sectors
- Explore elements of the promotional mix to include, budget, appropriate mix for different products and services and the effectiveness of different promotional strategies
- Examine the role of distribution in the marketing mix to include the types of distribution channels and the selection of appropriate distribution channels for a range of products and services
- Carry out market research applying appropriate techniques and research methodologies
- Analyse market research results, drawing appropriate recommendations
- Apply the concept of product life cycle, tracing the life cycle for a range of products
- Apply an appropriate element of the promotional mix to develop promotional plan for a product or service
- Conduct a SWOT (Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats) analysis
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategies for a range of products and or services, including the influence of branding, the pricing strategy, the elements of the promotional mix and the influence of the distribution channel on supplier and end user
- Develop a marketing plan for a specific product and or service.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
To Enrol on this Course
ONLINE: Click Here