The purpose of this QQI Business Administration (Level 5) course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the administration requirements of a range of organisations to enable operate effectively under supervision in a variety of administration contexts.
On successful completion of this course students may continue to QQI Level 6 in training centres or other further education colleges or apply for employment opportunities.
Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work under direction with some ability to work on their own initiative.
On completion participants will be able to:
- Identify features of different types of business organisations
- Explain a range of organisational the learner to structures, to include, hierarchical and flat structures
- Explore the different types of departments within an organisation, the cooperation between internal departments and the impact of the external environment on the business organisation
- Analyse the impact of the external environment on a business
- Identify the main functions of management and the role and impact of Human Resource management in an organisation
- Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation as it pertains to the staff selection and appointment
- Explain the need for quality, the role of quality systems, the various techniques and processes which are used to ensure quality in different types of organisations, to include manufacturing and service focused organisations, and quality accreditations available
- Explore sources of finance for a business, distinguishing between long, medium and short term finance and the need for and types of financial controls, to include cash flow
- Examine different types of meetings held within an organisation, the function and role the meetings and the associate documentation
- Examine the insurance requirements of a business organisation, identifying appropriate insurance for different types of risk
- Implement and adhere to an organisations systems and procedures, to include, quality management and or control systems, financial controls, employee procedures and health and safety
- Complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of meetings within an organisation, to include agendas, meeting notes and minutes
- Maintain a range of documents pertaining to human resources management and employees within an organisation, to include, employment contracts, attendance records and personnel files
- Process a range of business documentation to ensure effective implementation of an organisations financial and or quality systems and procedures
- Use a range of hardware and software to provide administrative support
- Carry out a range of administrative functions to support the effective implementation of organisational management systems and procedures.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
To Enroll on this Course
ONLINE: Click Here