The purpose of this QQI I.T. Skills (Level 4) course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to use applications in information technology. It is designed to develop skills in data entry, word processing, and using the internet
On successful completion of this course students may continue to QQI Level 5 or apply for employment.
Education: Applicants should have a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3 when accessing a Level 4 programme. Applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education although no formal qualifications are required.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work under direction with some ability to work on their own initiative.
On completion participants will be able to:
- Explain a range of information technology concepts and terminology to include computer, computer hardware components, system and application software, input devices, output devices, data storage devices, bytes, files, folder/directory, drives, memory, LAN, WAN, and the internet
- Describe the impact of information technology on personal life and working or community life
- Manage files, folders or directories using a range of common file management features to include create, rename, delete, copy, move, locate and save to range of drives
- Use a data entry application to enter data using text, alpha, numeric and special characters to a minimum speed of 15 words per minute
- Access a word processing package to open a file, enter and edit text by inserting and deleting characters, words, sentences and paragraphs
- Format text using a rang e of format tools to include joining and splitting, line spacing, indentation, justifying and alignment Enhance text using a range of enhancement tools to include bold, underline, italicize, font and font size
- Edit a block of text using a range of editing tools to include move, copy and delete
- Navigate specific internet sites through a browser with specific links identified Use a range of functions in a webmail application to create, reply, cc, bcc, and add attachments to emails
- Manage a personal email account to include inbox, read/unread, deleted items, trash, drafts, and contacts/address book Produce an accurate hard copy of a 50 70 word document by proof reading, and using spell check, save, and print features
- Produce a hard copy of specific information located on the internet.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
To Enroll on this Course
ONLINE: Click Here