The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to develop the relevant knowledge skill and competence to use a range of skills and tools, under direction and with limited autonomy, in familiar situations. It enables the learner to participate in and contribute to modern society, to pursue a range of employment opportunities or to progress to further education or training.
On successful completion of this course students may continue to QQI Level 4 Spreadsheets. Alternatively, successful candidates may move directly to employment, under direct supervision, in a general office.
Education: No formal education or qualifications are required although applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
On completion participants will be able to:
1. Outline the significance of using spreadsheet applications in terms of their common uses and features
2. Explain rudimentary terminology associated with spreadsheets including workbook, worksheet, cell, tab, formula, filtering, sorting, function, and chart
3. Use a spreadsheet application to open an existing workbook, access a worksheet, print a hardcopy of the worksheet and exit the application
4. Enter data to a spreadsheet to include formatting rows and columns, applying data formats, inserting and deleting rows columns and worksheets, and moving information within the worksheet
5. Use formulae to perform simple calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
6. Produce a hardcopy printout from a spreadsheet taking all required steps including creating a workbook, entering data into a worksheet, applying suitable formatting, previewing and printing the cell range, saving the workbook, and closing the spreadsheet application
7. Apply appropriate health, safety and personal hygiene procedures when working in an ICT environment.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
To Enroll on this Course
ONLINE: CLICK HERE