The purpose of this QQI certified Functional Maths (Level 3) course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to recognise situations where mathematics can be used meaningfully in daily life, apply and transfer mathematical processes and concepts appropriate to the situation, interpret and draw conclusions from activity, and communicate conclusions appropriately to others. It is designed to develop skills which enable more effective functioning in personal life, the workplace and as a member of society.
On successful completion of this course students may continue to QQI Level 4 from February to June 2023.
Education: No formal education or qualifications are required although applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
On successful completion participants will be able to:
- Use a calculator to perform operations requiring functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percent, memory keys and the clear key
- Calculate solutions to real life mathematical problems
- Solve routine problems from a limited range of meaningful, real life situations by making sense of the situations mathematically
- Give approximations to real life mathematical problems by using strategies including estimation, significant figures and rounding off large natural numbers
- Describe the role and impact of number on daily life
- Describe the concepts of natural numbers, rational numbers and real numbers
- Describe the properties of addition and multiplication
- Describe the concept of number bases and their application in daily life
- Describe the concepts of part decimals
- Demonstrate equivalence between simple fractions, decimals and percentages
- Express simple ratios as fractional ratios e.g. 1:2=1/3:2/3
- Describe the concept of algebra and its similarity to arithmetic
- Describe the properties of linear expressions, linear equalities and linear inequalities
- Write algebraic expressions for familiar real life situations.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
To Enroll on this Course
ONLINE: Click Here