Family Learning courses are planned and delivered in partnership with local schools through the active support of school Principals and Home/School Community Liaison Teachers. These courses are designed for parents, grandparents, guardians and caregivers who recognise the importance of supporting children to learn both in school and at home.
Family learning participants are aware that-
- parents/grandparents/caregivers are the the people who teach children all through their lives.
- learning takes place at home as well as in school
- children need support to engage with learning opportunities
- it is important that they work in partnership with their child’s teacher
- by improving their own skills they’re helping their child to learn too
- learning is a life long experience
If you would like more information please contact your local Key Skills programme (contact details here).