The purpose of this QQI certified Communication Skills (Level 4) course is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to communicate verbally and nonverbally in routine everyday tasks, and in work related tasks while under supervision.
On completion participants will be able to:
- Explain some impacts of current communications and information technologies on learning activities, social and work life, to include personal computers, digital, mobile and internet technologies
- Outline elements of legislation that must be observed in a personal and/or work context, to include health, safety and welfare at work and communications related legislation
- Communicate a range of messages effectively using visual aids and nonverbal communication tools and strategies, to include images, signs, nonverbal aspects of speech, appearance, colour and the surrounding environment
- Interpret images, to include work-related photos and diagrams, charts, maps, graphics, advertisements, pop videos, logos, statistical information
- Demonstrate listening skills for a range of purposes, to include use of eye contact, seeking clarification, note taking, summarising and paraphrasing
- Demonstrate a range of reading techniques, to include skimming, scanning, in-depth study, identifying key points, extracting information, evaluating bias and purpose
- Extract the main facts, ideas, issues and opinions from a variety of aural and written sources, to include spoken and written media texts and material relevant to a vocational area
- Use drafting, editing and proofreading skills to write routine documents with accurate punctuation, spelling and sentence structure, to include creative material and work-related reports, electronic correspondence, forms, letters, memos and minutes
- Interact effectively with others in different contexts, including discussion with peers, one-to-one, in a group/team, working under supervision, oral presentation, formal interview and for the purposes of informing and persuading
- Plan for clear communication including contextual factors such as social, physical, relational, genre
On successful completion of this course students may continue to QQI Level 5 or apply for employment.
Education:Applicants should have a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3 when accessing a Level 4 programme. Applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education although no formal qualifications are required.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work under direction with some ability to work on their own initiative.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
To Enrol on this Course
ONLINE: Click Here