This course aims to provide the learner with the tools necessary to use some of the facilities and functions available in a word processing application to generate documents.
On completion participants will be able to:
1. Outline the significance of using word processing applications in terms of their common uses and features
2. Explain key terminology associated with word processing including page layout, page setup, page break, text formats, object insertion, print preview and toolbars
3. Explain the toolbar icons and related functions associated with file handling and text formatting
4. Use a word processing application to modify an existing document using a variety of file save options
5. Create a range of documents for personal or work requirements
6. Use a range of keyboard capabilities including text entry, numeric data entry, keyboard shortcuts, symbol insertion, cursor control, Caps Lock and Num Lock
7. Apply text formatting to include bullets, numbering, change case, apply bold, underline, italics, font, font size, font colour, and text and image alignment
8. Use text editing features including copy, cut, paste, delete and insert
9. Use simple proofreading tools where available to perform grammar and spell checking
10. Print a document to include print preview, grammar and spell check
11. Use a word processing application to create a file by performing all required steps including accessing the application, setting up the page, entering data using the keyboard and mouse, formatting, printing and storing the file appropriately for subsequent retrieval
12. Apply appropriate health, safety and personal hygiene procedures when working in an ICT environment.
On successful completion of this course students may continue to QQI Level 4.
Education: Learners do not need any previous formal qualifications.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: No previous experience required.
Other Word Processing course levels also available – Contact Us.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
If you would like more information please contact a BTEI co-ordinator in your area.
ESKER HILL, LUCAN, CO. DUBLINFOR MORE DETAILS
(01) 628 3557
MAIN ROAD, TALLAGHT, DUBLIN 24
FOR MORE DETAILS
(01) 451 5733