The purpose of this course is to introduce the learner to the Spanish language from a beginners perspective. An ideal course for anybody thinking about holidaying in Spain or maybe even moving there for work, etc. Participants will learn key language for basic social and practical interactions and upon successful completion of the course will receive a QQI language certificate at Level 3.
On completion participants will be able to:
1. Display awareness of some basic features of the culture of the target country, to include commonplace greetings and social courtesies, and local customs
2. Use introductory vocabulary, to include greetings, introductions, courtesies, basic personal information, numbers 1-100, time, simple directions, making purchases, food and drink
3. Use sentence connectors, question words and simple grammatical constructions with correct pronunciation
4. Exchange familiar information, to include personal details such as where they live, people they know and things they have, notions of time and quantity, space and location, lifestyle preferences and responsibilities
5. Indicate a breakdown in communication, to include a signal of non-understanding, asking for repetition or slower speech, or ‘Do you speak [name of mother tongue]?’in the target language
6. Read simple notices, signs and short pieces of text on familiar subjects, to include social and/or work-related information
7. Interact in a simple way in the target language, to include simple exchanges and use of basic phrases, ordering food and drink, and making familiar purchases.
On successful completion of this course students may continue to QQI Level 4.
Education: Learners do not need any previous formal qualifications.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: No previous experience required.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
To Enrol on this Course
ONLINE: Click Here