The purpose of this QQI Business English (Level 4) course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to communicate confidently, accurately and effectively in English in business and work situations.
On successful completion of this course students may continue to QQI Level 5 in a variety of subjects in the AES or other further education colleges or apply for employment opportunities.
Education: NFQ Level 3 or equivalent when accessing a Level 4 programme.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work under direction with some ability to work on their own initiative.
On completion participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between internal and external business communication to include written telephone messages, electronic communications, memoranda and letters
- Distinguish between formal and informal English language structures in written and spoken communication
- Compile a key business and job-specific vocabulary
- Use spoken language effectively and appropriately in a range of business contexts to include initiating and responding to business telephone calls, booking services, making appointments, and dealing with enquiries from the public
- Compose a range of communications for business purposes accurately and concisely, using appropriate tone and vocabulary, to include letters, memoranda, and electronic communication
- Draft a range of documents for business purposes to include notices and agendas, advertisements or mailshots, and press releases or company related articles
- Proof read a range of business documents accurately to include spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax, vocabulary, correct usage, tone and register, and style.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
If you would like more information please contact a BTEI co-ordinator in your area.
ESKER HILL, LUCAN, CO. DUBLIN
FOR MORE DETAILS
MAIN ROAD, TALLAGHT, DUBLIN 24
FOR MORE DETAILS
(01) 451 5733