The purpose of this QQI certified Medical Terminology (Level 5) course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the range of medial terminology applicable and relevant specifically to a medical receptionist or secretarial role in a medical practice, clinic and or hospital context.
On completion participants will be able to:
- Examine a range of medical terminology required by a medical receptionist or secretary within a general medical practice and or context specialist medical practice
- Explore current relevant legislation regarding Health Services in Ireland
- Describe the sources of information available to the medical receptionist or secretary
- Examine the importance of using correct medial terminology in communicating with patients and medial practitioners
- Apply medical pronunciation and spelling correctly
- Define medical abbreviations used in medical investigations and diagnosis
- Define medical terminology associated with the medical specialities carried out in a large general hospital
- Define medical terms used in medical reports and summaries Use correct medical terminology in a wide range of specialities; when dealing with both patients and medial practitioners
- Assemble and prepare X-ray reports
- Prepare final medical reports; ensuring the use of appropriate terminology, language and format.
On successful completion of this course students may continue to QQI Level 6 in training centres or other further education colleges or apply for employment opportunities.
Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work under direction with some ability to work on their own initiative.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
If you would like more information please contact a BTEI co-ordinator in your area.
ESKER HILL, LUCAN, CO. DUBLINFOR MORE DETAILS
(01) 628 3557
MAIN ROAD, TALLAGHT, DUBLIN 24
FOR MORE DETAILS
(01) 451 5733