The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to actively and positively participate in a multi-culture society by showing respect, tolerance, and acceptance to cultural differences
On completion participants will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts underpinning culture, including cultural activities, values/beliefs, physical artifacts and diversity
- Explain the common terms associated with culture including race, ethnic, culture, nationality, society, customs/etiquette, religion, bias/prejudice and stereotype
- Describe other cultures within local community including similarities and differences with own culture
- Compile a personal profile by exploring the main personal, social and cultural factors which influence personal identity
- Demonstrate an awareness of own cultural identity by exploring cultural heritage, local and national traditions, folklore, learning and music
- Compare cultures of countries other than native country, by exploring the main cultural features such as food, family structure, music, dress, religion, and customs/etiquette
- Identify some features of contemporary Irish culture which have been influenced by other cultures or societies, including language, music, fashion, clothing, art
- Identify ways of promoting respect, tolerance, and acceptance in a familiar multi-culture community.
On successful completion of this course students may continue to QQI Level 4 from February to June 2023.
Education: Learners do not need any previous formal qualifications.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: No previous experience required. Learners who wish to progress to employment or further education and training through the attainment of a QQI level 3 major award.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
To Enrol on this Course
ONLINE: Click Here