Work Experience is a planned experiential learning activity and is an integral part of an educational process. It involves learners preparing and planning for work, working under direction in a specific vocational area and reviewing and evaluating that work. The experience of work enables learners to develop work skills, evaluate employment opportunities and cope with changing work environments.
On completion participants will be able to:
- develop critical awareness of the changing nature of work
- set achievable goals for work experience
- utilise learning opportunities presented in the work environment
- apply work skills to consolidate learning in the vocational area
- understand how work is planned and organised at different levels in a specific vocational area
- appreciate the importance of safety and welfare in the workplace
- develop capabilities, both personal and vocational, to successfully meet challenges in the workplace
- review career choices in the light of their own aspirations, experience, abilities and available options
- explore future employment opportunities (including opportunities for self employment, contract work, work in the social economy, etc).
On successful completion of this course students may continue to QQI Level 6 in training centres or other further education colleges or apply for employment opportunities.
Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work under direction with some ability to work on their own initiative.
THIS COURSE IS:
• BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) course
• PART TIME
• QQI accredited
FREE to those:
on Social Welfare/Medical Card/CE Scheme and/or with less than Upper Second Level Education
To Enrol on this Course
ONLINE: Click Here